What is unique about the Quality Growth Alliance? Before the April 2008 Reality Check event, the eight partner organizations from ULI Seattle, PSRC, University of Washington, Enterprise Community Partners, CLC, MBAKS, Futurewise, and NAIOP—often held diverging views on land use issues. Recognizing their common ground, these same partners that hosted the day-long event agreed to carry the Reality Check vision forward with committed leadership and resources, moving our region into coordinated action.
Two-hundred fifty regional leaders at the April 2008 Reality Check event agreed on major principles that should guide future growth. They prioritized four key areas that must be addressed to foster sustainable, enduring, quality growth.These include:
- Create broad public awareness
- Improve the zoning and entitlement process
- Maximize transportation investments
- Address climate change through land use decisions
Leveraging the partners’ resources from new research and leading educational programs, to innovative new visualization technology, the Quality Growth Alliance is prepared to take action.
Chaired by Patrick Callahan on behalf of ULI Seattle, the Quality Growth Alliance’s strategic leadership includes principals from the partner organizations:
- Urban Land Institute Seattle
- Puget Sound Regional Council
- University of Washington College of Built Environments
- Enterprise Community Partners
- Cascade Land Conservancy
- Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties
- NAIOP – Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Public Awareness
- Bill Kreager, Mithun
- Gene Duvernoy, Cascade Land Conservancy
- Tony Stewart, McKinstry
- Zoning & Entitlements
- John Hempelmann, Cairncross & Hempelmann, P.S.
- Chuck Wolfe, Charles R. Wolfe, P.S.
- John Knettles, Cascade Land Conservancy
- Tom Fitzsimmons, Lorig Associates
- Pete Stone, ING Clarion
- Climate Change
- Susan Drummond, Foster Pepper PLLC
- Roberta Lewandowski, Futurewise